OSCHMANN HAS THE EXPERTISE IN PROVIDING A COMPREHENSIVE USCG PROGRAM FOR YOU
Affordable random drug & alcohol testing consortium programs for all size companies
All random testing costs included in our Consortium membership fees
Provide drug screens utilizing our large national network of collection facilities, SAMHSA certified laboratories and Medical Review Officer services
Audit support service included. Our program managers are experienced in Coast Guard compliance and working with the USCG inspectors.
Certified test results are distributed in a timely manner utilizing our secure reporting system
Randomly test regulated coast guard employees using an industry accepted scientifically valid method (25% annually for drugs) including draws, notifications and follow-ups
Conduct pre-employment drug tests for each new regulated employee
Conduct post-accident testing as required by federal regulations
Provide annual and semi-annual drug testing summary reports as required
Provide customized report packages based on individual needs
Access to an on-line Supervisor Reasonable Suspicion Training and Employee Workplace Substance Abuse Training.
OSCHMANN WILL MAKE SURE YOU MEET ALL USCG TESTING REQUIREMENTS NATIONWIDE
Third Party Management Services
As a nationwide provider of third party management for employer drug and alcohol testing programs, we have the ability to meet your needs throughout the country no matter the size of your company. Based on the number of regulated employees, Oschmann Employee Screening Services can set up a company specific testing program to meet the federal requirements or enroll you in our USCG drug testing consortium.
Consortium testing is ideal for smaller companies and owner/operators to meet the requirements. A Consortium pools your regulated employees with regulated employees from other companies in order to have a large enough base to select individuals equitably throughout the year.
We are highly regarded by the Federal and State Enforcement Agents from the various modes that have audited our members’ programs. The Department of Transportation regulations allow for Consortiums to administrate the random testing of regulated employees in order to comply with the DOT standards.
Who is required to test by the United States Coast Guard (USCG)?
- Marine employers shall establish programs for the chemical testing for dangerous drugs on a random basis of crew members on inspected vessels who:(1) Occupy a position, or perform the duties and functions of a position, required by the vessel ‘s Certificate of Inspection;
(2) Perform the duties and functions of patrolmen or watchmen required by this chapter; or,
(3) Are specifically assigned the duties of warning, mustering, assembling, assisting, or controlling the movement of passengers during emergencies.
- Marine employers shall establish programs for the chemical testing for dangerous rugs on a random basis of crew members on uninspected vessels who:(1) Are required by law or regulation to hold a license issued by the Coast Guard in order to perform their duties on the vessel;
(2) Perform duties and functions directly related to the safe operation of the vessel;
(3) Perform the duties and functions of patrolmen or watchmen required by this chapter; or,
(4) Are specifically assigned the duties of warning, mustering, assembling, assisting, or controlling the movement of passengers during emergencies.